When I ran across this recipe I was looking for something simple and great for a high-roller event at the Symphony. Stumbled on to this and from that day forward it has become a must-have …Learn More
Cinnamon-Orange Zucchini Bread
March 19, 2014 / Makes 1 loaf (12 slices) / / Print /
This has GOT to be the best zucchini bread ever! It answers the age-old gardening question, “What the hell am I going to do with all the zucchini?” THIS is reason enough to grow quite a few plants and harvest lots while it’s not too large and still very tender. At my Mid-Century Home, we’ll be putting in a new garden bed so we can make extra loaves of this. Stores great in the freezer as long as it is well wrapped and air-tight.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
– 2 large eggs
– 1/3 cup vegetable oil
– 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium)
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 1/2″ by 4 1/2″ metal loaf pan. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts.
2. In medium bowl, with whisk or fork, mix eggs, oil, zucchini, and orange peel. Stir zucchini mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information (per slice) (like anyone cares when it tastes this good!): Calories 210; Total Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 1g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 200mg; Carbohydrate 26g; Fiber 1g; Protein 4gThanks to Good Housekeeping